- This event has passed.
Building a cyber wall one brick at a time
July 27, 2022 @ 12:00pm - 1:00pm CDTFree
At the Florida Department of Transportation, the security team has taken incremental steps to bolster the cyber defense of the organization. The result has been to create a mini-SOC inside FDOT that organizes and prepares FDOT’s cyber posture and response. We will walk you through the steps we took, which include; web app review, edge protection analysis, configuration review, threat hunt, threat eradication, and defensive cyber posture improvement with penetration testing.
Attendees will learn
- The FDOT’s process and how to adapt the process to best fit their organization
- Lessons learned: What did and didn’t work for the FDOT
- An organization may not have the resources to implement all the cyber tools that are needed, but every organization can implement positive steps
- Implementing incremental cyber defense is a process
- Setting priorities to move the organization forward with available resources to create the biggest impact
Founder and CEO,
Information Security Manager,
Florida Department of Transportation